Coryell Memorial Department of Surgery consists of eight surgical divisions, more than ten surgeons, registered nurses and certified surgical technicians all working together to put the patients’ safety and personnel needs first. This means our patients benefit from a team of experienced healthcare professionals supported by state-of-the-art technology.
Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Surgery
Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
Ocular Surgery (Eye Surgery)
Pain Management Surgery
Tips to Remember Before Your Surgery
- Register, confirm your appointment day and time and provide insurance information to the Registration Department before your procedure.
- Please check your health plan coverage and pay any out of pocket expenses, including deductibles and co-payments, before your surgery. This will help us to avoid requesting payment at the time of admission and the need for you to bring money or credit cards from home.
- Follow your doctor’s instruction for surgery preparation, including which medications you should stop taking before surgery.
- Do not eat, drink (not even water), or chew gum after midnight the day before the surgery. If you have been instructed to take important medications, take no more than two tablespoons of water and no later than two hours before surgery. If you eat or drink after midnight, your surgery may be delayed or will be canceled. Please note, GI procedures have a “special prep”, so please follow your physician’s instructions carefully.
- Please do not wear makeup, hairpins, contact lenses, watches, or removable jewelry or body piercings.
- You may be asked to remove dentures and other non-permanent items at the hospital.
- Please leave all valuables, including money, watches, jewelry, and credit cards at home. The hospital and staff will not be held responsible for any lost valuables.
- If you are admitted to the hospital after your surgery, you may want to bring the following items: pajamas or nightgown, robe, slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant and other personal toiletries.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must remain at the hospital for the duration of the patient’s procedure.
- All patients must coordinate a ride home after surgery.
1507 West Main St.
Gatesville, TX 76528