- Coryell Health Home Health Care
- Gatesville, Texas
- (254) 248-6380 or 1-800-865-9233
- Fax (254) 865-8605
Home is especially important for individuals who are essentially homebound and who need intermittent care provided in their home. The feelings of security and stability that stem from being in your own home can make dealing with illness, infirmity or surgery easier. There are a wide range of services available in the home today. The staff at Coryell Health Home Health Care understand this and are dedicated to providing quality skilled nursing care, aide services, and rehab services to persons in our community.
Who Qualifies for Home Health Care?
Medicare/Medicaid: An eligible Medicare/Medicaid beneficiary who is homebound. Medicare defines homebound as requiring considerable effort and assistance to leave home. Skilled services must be required on an intermittent basis.
Insurance Coverage: Some insurance may pay for skilled services in the home under a physician's care and will be determined on an individual basis.
Private Pay: Persons wishing to get home health services may receive any of the listed services by paying for it themselves. This can also include light housekeeping, shopping, errands, standby assistance with ambulation or exercise, and assistance with oral medications.
Waiver programs: We offer attendant services under Primary Home Care and attendant plus skilled services under Community Based Alternatives. Qualification for these programs is determined by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
How do I Begin Home Health Care?
Call our office for information and an evaluation in your home.
We also receive referrals from physicians, hospitals, patients and concerned individuals throughout the community.
If you know someone who might benefit from our services, please contact one of our offices.
Under Direction of Physician
- Skilled Nursing such as wound care, tube feeding, IV therapy and giving medication
- Medical Social Services including assessment of social and emotional factors, service linkage, short-term therapy and problem resolution
- Home Health Aides who can help with bathing, hair care, ambulation, linen changes, meal preparation and laundry
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy to increase mobility, strengthen muscles, maximize independent functioning, and improve communication
Betsy Clark, resident of Evant, TX, was struggling with a multiple sclerosis relapse and didn’t know where to turn. A close friend a social worker at CMHS, to see what help could be provided. Immediately, he put them in touch with Coryell Memorial Home Health and physical therapist, Katie Doyle.