Full Time: 11am - 7:30pm
Under general to broad supervision, supervises and trains food service staff members, manages the food program, and upholds the policies of Coryell Health and its long term care facilities. Reports directly to the Department Director.
- Texas Food Handlers License Preferred
- ServSafe Certification Required
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and application used in food preparation.
- Ability to supervise personnel.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Promote and maintain professionalism among staff.
- Demonstrate good personal hygiene and food safety consistent with Coryell Health policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of HACCP sanitation and ability to demonstrate the same to the satisfaction of the regulatory agency.
- Supervises and coordinates work in the food service department in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Produces and maintains work schedules, daily job schedules and production records.
- Coordinates and supervises daily activities in the kitchen, cafeteria, patient dining, and long term care residents dining.
- Monitors and records staff member attendance and performance.
- Prepares necessary payroll documentation and food consumption reports.
- Maintains all serving schedules and supervises production according to menu specifications defined by director.
- Leads and trains staff members, promotes efficiency, morale and teamwork to ensure competencies are maintained including age specific competencies.
- Ensure that is produced safely and meets quality standards as set forth by Coryell Health policy and the Director.
- Maintains accurate reports, production records, and is responsible for all food safety records.
- Is responsible for the collection of food samples.
- Inventories, orders food and food service supplies, and effectively controls inventories.
- Ensures that food items are stored in safe hazard free environment.
- Supports and participates in long-term care resident-centered activity program as directed.
- Two years’ institutional food service experience, including knowledge of food production, therapeutic diets, sanitation, supervision, and related accounting procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule depending upon the needs of Coryell Health and its long-term care facilities as directed.
- Attended a sanitation-training program approved by the Texas Department of Health.