PRN: Day Shift
Cardiac Cath Department
Summary: Modifies patient care within the scope of the RN Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on the patient receiving invasive, diagnostic and interventional procedures in the electrophysiology lab. In this role, the Cath Lab RN will provide direct patient care to congenital patient populations.
1. Monitoring physiologic and hemodynamic data for diagnostic and interventional cath and electrophysiological procedures
2. Acting as circulating nurse
3. Procedural sedation monitoring and recording patient’s condition continuously during procedure on MacLab/CardioLab system
4. Assisting with maintenance of equipment and supply inventory
5. Obtaining supplies for individual cases
6. Ensuring all appropriate needs of the Cath Lab team are met.
7. Make assignments to licensed staff [LVN, RN] and delegate to unlicensed staff in compliance with current BNE rules in a structured health setting for patients with predictable as well as unpredictable health needs.
1. Minimum of two-years Cath Lab experience required
2. Current RN license or compact license required
3. BLS is required within 24 months of hire (commitment required)
4. ACLS required within 1 year
5. PALS required within 1 year