Full Time: Day Shift
The CST assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures, ensure suite is adequately prepared for procedure, monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies, cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments, and participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities.
Typical Physical Demands:
1. Exerting 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
2. Standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
3. Working irregular hours and under stressful conditions.
4. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction, pushing upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
5. Lifting requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
6. Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Impart oral information to patient or to the public (i.e. visitors, patient’s family) and convey detailed or important information to coworkers and physicians accurately, loudly, or quickly.
7. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. One year Operating Room Technician program required.
3. CST certification required and must maintain without lapse.
4. Minimum one year work experience in Operating Room preferred
5. Require current CPR and must maintain without lapse.