Full Time: 8 am to 5 pm Monday thru Friday
Coryell Health Medical Clinic
Registration Clerk: Full Time/Float
Summary: Receives visitors/patients, determining their needs politely and directs them accordingly. Schedules appointments, receives payments, and collects co-pays and issues receipts as applicable. Enters appropriate data into the computer.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Typing and office equipment experience to include computer operations.
3. Previous experience with medical office procedures preferred.
4. Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public.
5. Verify insurance benefits as needed.
6. Accurately registers patient’s demographic information, emergency contacts, and patient/guarantor relationships.
7. Verifies and updates patient/guarantor demographic information and insurance.
8. Collects and records co-pays and payments at time of check-in.
9. Reconcile daily receipts.
10. Maintain confidential patient information.
11. Take and send messages to appropriate provider.