Full Time: Day Shift
Coryell Health Medical Clinic
Summary: Certified Phlebotomist – Obtains blood specimens from patients using venipuncture and capillary collection methods from patients of all ages from new-born to geriatric. Processes specimens by following laboratory policies and procedures for the clinic. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality.
Education and Experience
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Phlebotomy Certification
Experience: Either completion of phlebotomy class or at least one year of experience with adults and pediatrics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of/familiarity with laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with medical terminology.
- Customer service skills a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to engage others, listen and adapt response to meet others’ needs.
- Ability to align own actions with those of other team members committed to common goals.
- Computer and keyboarding skills, including familiarity with Windows.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to perform job duties in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to understand, recall, and communicate, factual information.
- Ability to understand, recall, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Phlebotomy Certification