Full Time: Days and Evenings 12 hour shifts
RehabLiving at the Meadows
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director of Nursing Services. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of this state.
As a Certified Medication Aide, you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position. Care for and treat patients in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort. Performing duties in accordance with established methods and techniques, and in conformance with recognized standards. Provides patient care within limits defined by delegated tasks. Tasks performed under direct supervision of a Nurse/Charge Nurse or Physician.
1. Must be a Certified Nurse Aide by the State of Texas.
2. Must be certified by the State of Texas as a Certified Medication Aide.
3. Prior clinical experience preferred.
4. Must be able to write legibly.
5. Must be of good physical and mental health and possess adequate speech and hearing to communicate well.
6. Should possess the ability to work under close supervision and follow verbal and written instructions.