Full Time: Day Shift
Summary: Under the direction of the Food Service Supervisor, prepares food as planned on cycle menu, using standardized recipes. Correctly portions and serves food. Uses accepted storage techniques. Maintains a sanitation standard, follows safety regulations, keeps record as required. Supervises and trains Food Service staff members, upholds policies of Coryell Health and its long term care facilities.
- Prepares food as planned on cycle menu using standardized recipes.
- Portions and cooks meats and meat alternatives using correct cooking methods, temperatures and cooking times.
- Washes, trims portions and cooks vegetables
- Prepares cereals, soups, sauces and gravies
- Prepares hot breads
- Prepares modified foods for special diets, observing alterations in texture, seasoning and portion sizes
- Plans and organizes food preparation so food is ready not more than thirty minutes before serving time.
- Uses scales, ladles, scoops, tongs and other equipment to correctly portion and serve food. Assembles trays as assigned.
- Uses thermometers to gauge cooking process and correct serving temperatures.
- Stores reusable food in covered container labeled and dated. Uses such food within established time constraints.
- Assists as required in receiving food deliveries. Checks delivery against purchase order for verification. May reject items appearing to be damaged or spoiled. Signs and invoice and purchase order to validate delivery.
- Maintains order in pantry and cold storage areas. Places groceries on shelves using ”first in, first out” procedure
- Maintains proper sanitation in work area by following sanitation schedule and performing cleaning duties as assigned.
- Operates and maintains food service equipment according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Maintains records as required
- Demonstrates ability to perform age specific duties.
- Demonstrates compliance with Coryell Health “Compliance Program Policy Manual”.
Principle Job Responsibilities:
- Human Relations skills
- Work habits/team work
- Attendance/utilization of time
- Food preparation
- Tray assembly
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary Degree a plus
- Must be Food Protection Management Certified.
- Must have 3 plus years institutional food service experience, including knowledge of food production, therapeutic diets, and sanitation.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, depending upon the needs of Coryell Health and its long-term facility as directed.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English.
- Be knowledgeable of methods, materials, equipment, and application in food preparation.
- Read recipes, menus and other written instruction and follow these written materials.
- Effective planning and organization skills.
- Promote and maintain professionalism among staff.
- Demonstrates good personal hygiene and food safety consistent with Coryell Health policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of HACCP sanitation and ability to demonstrate the same to satisfaction of regulatory agency.
- Ensures that food is produced safely and meets quality standards as set forth by Coryell Health policy and the Food Service Supervisor.
- Ensures that all food items are stored in a safe and hazard free environment.