Full Time: Day Shift
Coryell Health Medical Clinic
**Sign on Bonus of $1500.00 for New Hires after completion of General Orientation will be request a 6 month commitment.
Summary: The role of the COVID-19 Clinic LVN Nurse/ CCMA is to assist with various duties regarding COVID-19 testing at Coryell Health. The applicant must be dependable, knowledgeable of the COVID-19 pandemic, proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. The COVID-19 Clinic LVN Nurse needs to be flexible and available to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
Full time position with benefits. Shifts are Monday – Friday with scheduled extended hours until 8pm and Saturday hours. Also will include evening and weekend call shifts to help with notification of COVID positive patients. (Anticipate only one evening per week and one weekend per month)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts epidemiologic investigations and collects medical records for epidemiologic investigations.
- Provides support and response to communicable diseases, outbreak of infectious disease, surge events and other public health threats and emergencies.
- Performs physical assessments and documents as assigned such as vital signs, medical and vaccine histories, temperatures, height and weight.
- Administers immunizations and calls in prophylactic medication necessary per standing delegated orders.
- Assists non-licensed personnel by completing prophylaxis orders as assigned.
- Collects blood and other diagnostic specimens as assigned.
- Collects, labels, transports and packages specimen samples for delivery to the laboratory or for shipment to an outside agency.
- Provides health education as appropriate.
- Monitors medical supply inventory and replenishes stock to maintain adequate levels.
- Enters disease reports and electronic reporting into databases.
- Participates on internal and external committees, conference calls and workgroups.
- Function as back up to the Clinic Nursing when there is staffing shortages.
- Maintains confidentiality of client information as outlined in HIPAA guidelines.
- Support epidemiology investigations during outbreaks with investigation surge to public and partners.
- Maintain contact list of medical providers, hospitals, child care centers, and schools.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Schedule will vary depending on volume
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- Overtime is available
Possible exposure to communicable diseases or other potentially infectious materials.
Outpatient, clinic environment including exposure to outdoor parking area.
Licensed Vocational Nurse for the state of Texas or a compact License. Will consider Certified Medical Assistants for the position if they have clinical experience.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing school and a current, valid licensed the state of Texas.
- Nursing experience is preferred.
- Record and Data Entry experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Functional literacy in English is required.
- Must be able to work with individuals of all levels.
- Excellence in customer service required