PRN: All Shifts
Interested in a progressive rural EMS with multiple state and national awards? Want all the tools you need like Zoll X series monitors with see through CPR, ETCO2, 3 second smart NIBP, Ferno Power Cots, and Frazer Type I ambulances. Tired of living in your ambulance? How about a station with all private bunkrooms, full kitchen, and comfortable day room? Then send us your application.
To provide professional care and transport of the sick and injured to hospital or other health facility in emergency and non-emergency situations. May perform a variety of basic and advanced life support skills in the pre-hospital and hospital setting.
Job Performance Standards/Responsibilities’:
1. Perform according to protocols and Medical Director’s Authorization to Practice
2. Routinely have a positive interaction with other Healthcare Providers, other Public Safety Professionals, and the general public
3. Performs daily vehicle checks and ensures that the ambulance assigned to is response ready at all times.
4. Completes daily ambulance check sheet, ongoing quality assurance indicators
5. Assist other hospital departments when requested.
Typical Physical Demands/Work Environment:
1. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Position requires ability to communicate with patients, other healthcare providers, and other public safety professionals. Must perform the following Physical Agility Requirements on a routine basis:
2. Demonstrates ability to lift 250 lbs with a partner
3. Demonstrates ability to climb stairs
4. Demonstrates ability to descend stairs
5. Demonstrates proper CPR
6. Demonstrates ability to kneel and bend at the waist
7. Demonstrates ability to navigate uneven terrain
8. Completion of EMS Physical Agility Test
Typical Work Environment:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, blood and bodily fluids, and other bodily fluid and air borne diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common in a pre-hospital and hospital setting. Exposure to all elements of weather.
Our EMS is well protected with N-100 respirators, N-95’s, Tyvek, face shields and/or safety glasses. Flexibility to treat and release on scene when appropriate, Onsite COVID testing with same day results (will be required prior to starting work)
*** Rate of pay is dependent on level experience.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Certified or licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a EMT-B
3. Must be over 18 and possess a Texas driver’s license with a clean driving record.
4. Experience in an EMS position preferred.
5. ACLS and PALS or alternatives are preferred (required and provided upon hire)