Part Time: 24 hour shifts
Interested in a progressive rural EMS with multiple state and national awards? Want protocols that give you the freedom to treat patients? Want all the tools you need like Zoll X series monitors with see through CPR, ETCO2, 3 second smart NIBP, video laryngoscopes, Ferno Power Cots, Inpatient Quality Ventilators with BiPap, Nimbus II IV pumps, and Frazer Type I ambulances? Tired of living in your ambulance? How about a station with all private bunk rooms, full kitchen, and comfortable day room? Sign on Bonus of $8000.00 for Paramedic with one (1) year commitment. Then send us your application. You can apply on line at www.coryellhealth.org
Paramedic Position Description and Performance Evaluation
Position: E.M.T.-Paramedic or Licensed Paramedic
Department: Emergency Medical Services
Reports To: E.M.S. Supervisor
E.M.S. Medical Director
Summary: To provide professional care and transport of the sick and injured to hospital or other health facility in emergency and non-emergency situations. May perform a variety of basic and advanced life support skills in the pre-hospital and hospital setting. As a COVID-19 Response Team will be available to assist with the patients that come in for their COVID-19 vaccinations.
PARAMEDIC JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform according to protocols and Medical Director’s Authorization to Practice
2. Routinely have a positive interaction with. Other Healthcare Providers. Other Public Safety Professionals. The general public
3. Performs daily vehicle checks and ensures that the ambulance assigned to is response ready at all times.
4. Completes all appropriate records including but not limited to: Patient care reports either electronic or paper, Daily ambulance check sheet, Ongoing quality assurance indicators, Accident/Incident reports
5. Assist other hospital departments when requested for; Obtaining IV/IO access, Inbutations, Other emergent care as requested as well assisting on the COVID-19 Response Team.
Typical Physical Demands/Work Environment:
1. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Position requires ability to communicate with patients, other healthcare providers, and other public safety professionals. Must perform the following Physical Agility Requirements on a routine basis:
2. Demonstrates ability to lift 250lbs with a partner
3. Demonstrates ability to climb stairs
4. Demonstrates ability to descend stairs
5. Demonstrates proper CPR
6. Demonstrates ability to kneel and bend at the waist
7. Demonstrates ability to navigate uneven terrain
8. Completion of EMS Physical Agility Test
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Certified or licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a Paramedic.
3. Must be over 18 and possess a Texas driver’s license with a clean driving record.
4. Two years of experience in an EMS position preferred.
5. ACLS and PALS or alternatives are preferred (required and provided upon hire)
PARAMEDIC TYPICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, blood and bodily fluids, and other bodily fluid borne diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common in a pre-hospital and hospital setting. Exposure to all elements of weather.
Entry level base pay- $49,500.00 for EMT-P ($52,880 for LP) plus paid continued education, available overtime and generous hospital employee benefits package (experience pay for verifiable experience up to 15 years). Safety and Customer Service rewards bonuses. Christmas bonuses and longevity pay.
Our EMS is well protected with N-100 respirators, N-95’s, Tyvek, face shields and/or safety glasses. Flexibility to treat and release on scene when appropriate, Onsite COVID testing with same day results (will be required prior to starting work)