Full Time: 8 am to 5 pm Monday thru Friday
Coryell Health and Health Information Management
Works under the immediate supervision of the Coding Supervisor. Performs duties in an area where procedures are standardized but where frequent, independent decisions are required. Responsible for coding records as listed below. Performs below listed duties as well as additional tasks as assigned by the Director.
Assign appropriate ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, and HCPCS Level II codes for Wound Care Clinic, EMS, Meadows, inpatients and outpatients, along with other records as assigned.
Typical Physical Demands /Work Environment
Ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to express or exchange ideas/information by means of the spoken word in an accurate, loud or quick manner; requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Work is classified as sedentary to light and requires ability to kneel, reach, lift objects up to five pounds, and finger/grasp objects. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Monday through Friday, eight hours per day with flexibility
1. RHIT, COS, CIS or CRC, coding experience and experience with electronic health record preferred
2. Coding courses approved by the American Health Information Management Association or American Academy of Professional Coders
3. Good physical and mental health
4. Ability to work under pressure
5. Acute sense of responsibility, loyalty and dedication
6. Professional behavior
7. Good oral and written communication skills
8. Excellent customer service skills