Full Time: 8 am to 5 pm Monday thru Friday
Health Information Management
Summary: Works under the immediate supervision of the Health Information Management Director. Performs duties in an area where procedures are standardized but where frequent, independent decisions are required. Responsible for scanning of medical records, record retrieval, and overflow release of information. Performs duties listed below as well as additional tasks as assigned by the Director.
Retrieval of records upon request, scanning of medical records, overflow release of information, and other duties as assigned by the director.
Typical Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas/information by means of the spoken word in an accurate, loud or quick manner; requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
- Work is classified as sedentary to light and requires ability to kneel, reach, lift objects up to five pounds, and finger/grasp objects.
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
1. High School Diploma
2. On-the-job training but previous office experience preferred
3. Familiarity with office equipment
4. Good physical and mental health
5. Ability to work under pressure
6. Acute sense of responsibility, loyalty and dedication
7. Professional behavior
8. Good oral and written communication skills
9. Excellent customer service skills