Full Time: Day Shift
Summary: The Infection Control/Disease Preventionist (IP) is responsible for identifying, investigating, monitoring, and reporting healthcare-associated infections. The IP collaborates with teams and individuals to create infection prevention strategies, provide feedback, and sustain infection prevention strategies.
- Problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to implement evidence-based guidelines
- Conflict resolution
- Program and project management
- Expertise in data collection and analysis, report writing, and data presentation
- Familiar with software technologies
Educational and Certification Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree or Master’s degree in nursing, public health, epidemiology, clinical laboratory science, medical technology or related field.
- Certification in Infection Control and Epidemiology (i.e.: CIC© preferred) or, attainment within 1 years after employment