Full Time: 8 am to 5 pm
Design, implement and support computer systems and networks to ensure proper function and security as part of a proactive team in a community based healthcare system in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan. Other duties include providing training and customer support to all departments throughout the system. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
All activities are assigned and directed by the Information Technology Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install and maintain server hardware and software in both physical and virtual environments
2. Install and maintain wired and wireless networks across multiple locations
3. Implement and support VoIP communications
4. Install and configure desktop hardware and software
5. Monitor precise license compliance
6. Recommend and implement performance and quality improvement measures
7. Conduct end-user training on current and new technologies
8. Configure user accounts and maintain proper security
Knowledge of the principles and techniques of automated systems processing; Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop operating systems; VMware; diagnosing and resolving server hardware and software problems; and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Recognized industry certifications a plus. Must be able to communicate highly technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical individuals. Enterprise level software experience with an Electronic Health Record a plus. Valid Texas driver’s license and a good driving record required. Covid-19 vaccination or a validated exemption required.
Education and Experience:
College coursework in computer science and information systems, Bachelor Degree or higher preferred, and a minimum of five years of increasingly responsible experience in working with and maintaining information systems, or any combination of training and experience that would provide the required skills, knowledge and abilities.