Full Time: Monday through Friday 8a to 5p
Coryell Health Medical Clinic
Summary: Responsible for processing referrals and obtaining authorizations for patients.
1. Handles referrals and prior authorizations for all providers in the office.
2. Provides accurate demographics, patient chart notes, labs, and x-ray reports to physician offices or hospitals that patients are referred to.
3. Provides patients with all necessary information regarding referrals to all entities.
4. Communicates with all patients regarding referral process.
5. Scan each referral and or authorization for patients being referred.
6. Communicates with providers regarding authorizations that are denied or a patient has declined.
7. Document referral process on Referral spreadsheet.
8. Maintain confidential patient information.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Typing and office equipment experience to include computer operations.
3. Previous experience with medical office procedures preferred.
4. Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public.