Full Time: 12 Hour shifts Days or Nights
Coryell Health Medical/Surgical Floor
Summary: This is a middle management position for supervisory coverage of the Nursing Department, other patient care areas and the hospital in general during night shifts. Responsibilities require knowledge of hospital and nursing policies and procedures, allowing independent judgment in their interpretation. The nursing supervisor duties include provision of managerial and clinical links between the nurse manage and department direction in their absence, and the administrator-on-call. Additionally, this position will include knowledge of utilization review rules and regulations as they assist physicians and staff in assigning admission status
1. Licensed and currently registered as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas or possesses temporary permit to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas while awaiting receipt of license.
2. Required to meet qualification criteria during hospital and nursing unit orientation periods.
3. Prefer three plus years of professional nursing experience in clinical setting.
4. Require current CPR (ACLS certification within one year) and must maintain without lapse.
5. Must have PALS within one year of employment and must maintain without lapse.
6. Must have basic EKG and/or arrhythmia course within six months of employment.
7. Must have basic computer knowledge.
8. May satisfy requirements with documentation from previous experience.
9. Supervisory experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of nursing services
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
• Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
• Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial and legal information
• Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner