Contact us at: (254) 865-2166
Live Healthy, Stay Young at Heart!
February is Heart Health Awareness Month, and we are celebrating with some tips for a healthy heart from our Cardiologist Dr. Keylani!
What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised program that reduces the risk of re-hospitalization, lessens the need for cardiac medications, and increases a person’s ability to perform daily activities. At Coryell Health, we provide education, encouragement, and support to ensure the most complete recovery possible from heart problems. To reach recovery goals, an individual treatment plan is created for each patient, including evaluation and instruction on exercise programs, healthy eating habits, and stress management to help prevent the progression of heart disease.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program offers:
- A group support approach
- A personalized exercise plan
- An assessment of your personal risk factors for heart and blood vessel disease
- Education and support to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Improved communication with your doctor and other healthcare providers about your progress following your cardiac event
- Monitoring and better control of blood pressure, lipids /cholesterol and diabetes
- Psychological / stress assessment and counseling
Criteria for referral
Cardiac rehabilitation is available to people with health histories including:
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary angioplasty – with or without stents
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Heart transplantation
- Left-ventricular assist device
- Other heart-related issues
- Valve replacement surgery