April 1, 2020
Today, Coryell Health received the first positive COVID-19 test results on one of its patients. The individual was triaged at Coryell Health Medical Clinic after self-reporting symptoms related to COVID-19. The patient was sent home while awaiting test results in self-isolation.
Coryell Health staff followed all standard precautions, accepted protocols and procedures to protect medical staff, employees, and patients.
David Byrom, CEO shared, “While we were hoping Coryell Health would not see a positive COVID-19 case, our diligent preparedness and education to all employees since the outbreak of this virus helped us limit this patient’s exposure to others. We have been in constant contact with the individual from the beginning and the individual remains at home and is recovering.”
Coryell Health launched a telehealth program to aid in social distancing and keeping our community safe, while continuing to provide quality medical care. Patients are encouraged to call the Coryell Health Medical Clinic to schedule a telehealth visit at (254) 865-2166.
Byrom reminds our community that is important now, more than ever, to continue the following:
- Continue recommended social distancing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Call our COVID-19 Hotline if you think you may be sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Continue daily self-screening, including taking the temperature of everyone in household
- Don’t go to work if you are sick.
- Don’t miss your routine medical care- schedule a Telehealth visit
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Coryell Health will continue to update the community on additional cases, as needed, on our website at, https://coryellhealth.org/press-releases/about-us/news/press-releases. Coryell Health has also established a 24/ 7 Respiratory/COVID-19 hotline for questions and for answers (254) 248-6263, as well as a respiratory screening tool on our website http://coryellhealth.org/covid-19-screening.